Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cookies brownies and get out of jail cupcakes

Today has been a day of ups and downs and if I didn't know any better I would say someone was playing a rotten April Fool's gag on me. We are trying to buy a house, and just getting the preapproval for financing alone is enough to make you want to jump off a bridge. Anyway by noon today my body was screaming for me to go get some get out of jail cupcakes.
Get out of jail cupcakes are just grocery store cupcakes, but for me they are ultimate comfort like a long term prisoner would feel after being released into their mother's arms.
So anyway since no one in my general area carry these cupcakes I went to the gym, I didn't work that hard because my body wouldn't let me, what it did though was make me want to cry. Then it made me want to get mad, but before it was all said and done I was laughing and forgetting my problems. That is when things turned for the better. My body was no longer screaming for dangerously sugary snacks that I would have eaten a dozen of. My phone started ringing with positive calls and we now have pre approval. We looked at some great houses, and had some great family time, then I went to one of those grocery stores that sell the infamous cupcakes. I didn't buy any. I bought chocolate chips, m&m's, brownie mixes (yes mixes)and many other baking ingredients. Don't worry, I havn't lost my mind. I am baking some goodies tonight for some hard working menhanging drywall at my church tomorrow and not a single one will pass through my lips. I won't even sample the dough.
I know there will be times that I will faulter, but today I didn't and I am proud of that. I survived today, and that is good enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Love you, SNOOZY! You will do great! Great work at the gym. GOOD LUCK WITH THE HOUSE. I LOVE YA, MY SISTA!

    ReplyDelete