Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

30 days to live

So right now I am doing all of my business on the phone(cell)including my blogging. Well while reading e-mails I received a text from a great friend. The text was a question that I have been pondering ever since.
WHAT 5 THINGS WOULD YOU DO/CHANGE IF YOU ONLY HAD 30 DAYS TO LIVE?
I was instructed not to take too much time and give the first 5 things that came to my head. I then sent them back to her. Since then I have been pondering them and have decided my priority has not changed but my thought process has.
My number one thing was to stop phoning in faith. I am a bible believing, God fearing,saved by grace christian. Am I? Yes but there are alot of people who may not know that who think they know me well. I don't have to walk around with a bible in my hand passing around tracks and preaching, but people that know me, at the very least should know where I stand. This also means to me that I am not doing something right. More soul searching there is needed, but why should I wait until I only have 30 days to live, to follow the very same God who created me and also decides my eternal life,heaven or hell.
Number two I would worry less and visably care more.
First of all why should I worry. Matthew 6:25-34 says:
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
26"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 28And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31"So do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?' or `What shall we drink?' or `What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
And as far as caring more, I sometimes am unsure how to deal with things even simple things and I shut down for lack of knowing what to do and sometimes seems as though I don't care.
Number 3 To give more to my husband and son.
Giving of myself to people that I am close to is harder for me than giving to those who aren't as invested. I know that is backwards and it does intact backfire on me often.
Number 4 Stop concerning myself with weight and being concerned with how beautiful I am or actually am not.
First off I am dying in 30 days right?! At this point dieting would just be stupid watch out Mexican restaurants and gourmet popcorn shops. And as far as my looks I will just go back to an old stand by statement for me, "it is what it is"
And finally number 5.

1 comment:

  1. Well I am not sure what happened but number 5 was to sell all unneeded possessions and give the money to my church and a special chairity saving enough to make a special memory with my family. Well as a Christian the bible says I should share my time talents and treasures, so I should be sacrificing more for others and to God. I also realized I should be making memories with my family now because most people don't have 30 days notice when they die. Well know I have shared my 5 things in thirty, what are yours.

    ReplyDelete